|Job Ref:||204671588||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:18|
Position: Junior Document Controller|
Location: London (Waterloo), UK
Contract Type: 4 weeks with a possibility to be extended
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team of Document Controllers. You need to be comfortable working in small teams.
• Administer all document control requests and queries received via the DC mailbox.
• Maintain and update document registers.
• Allocate and issue document reference numbers.
• Ensure all documentation adheres to the requirements with regards to format, numbering, structure, content and quality in hard and soft copy as per the Company Procedures.
• Ensure accurate traceability of controlled documents is maintained at all times.
• Manage the transmittal process for all documentation being issued.
• Liaise with the client to ensure documentation it submitted as per the contract requirements.
• Liaise with the design team to ensure design submittals are issued without delay.
• Chasing outstanding documents.
• Provide general document control support and training to the project teams as required.
• Ensure the project teams are fully aware of importance of adhering to document control systems and procedures.
• Make sure all documentation is electronically stored in the correct structure locations within each individual Project Area and maintaining document control electronic filing systems.
• Ensure the correct document templates are being used within the business.
• Attending internal Project start-up meetings as required.
• Ensure regular archiving is carried out as per the company procedures.
• Ensuring all Superseded Documents is clearly marked as per the company procedures.
• Photocopying/Scanning of documents.
Job Skills Required
• Minimum 1 year experience in a previous experience in a Document Control position.
• Knowledge of document management standards, procedures.
• Self-motivated and self-managed.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to continuously prioritise tasks to suit the Project's needs.
• Must have excellent skills in Microsoft Word / Excel and Outlook. - Intermediate Level.
• Ability to use initiative when problem solving.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer based document management systems.
• Must be organised and structured with good communication skills.
• Has a proactive and 'can do' attitude.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent