|Job Ref:||204668637||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Kensington||Address:||Post Code:||L7||Salary:||£200 - £350/day + Package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
Planned Maintenance Quantity Surveyor - Main Social Housing Contractor - Freelance - Up To £350p/d |
Currently seeking a planned maintenance (Decent Homes) Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing contractor to work on a freelance bases on a social housing contract based in West London. The role will be to work on a large decent homes contract consisting of kitchen & bathroom replacements, roofing, windows, EWI's, groundworks and cyclical decorations.
The successful candidate will be reporting into a commercial manager. The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
* To Work to the National Schedule of Rates (SOR)
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works
My client is a large national main social housing maintenance contractor operating through out the UK. They have been trading within the social housing sector over the past 40 years. They have a large portfolio of contracts with a number of local authorities in the South East. Down to a steady growth within the business they have a very exciting Quantity Surveyor position available.
Successful candidates will have experience as within the social housing planned maintenance (Decent Homes) sector as a Quantity Surveyor. They will have an in depth understanding schedule of rates (SOR). They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying and a full UK Driving License.
If you require any further details please contact me on (Apply online only)