|Job Ref:||204668606||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£140 - £160/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
A building services and maintenance company currently has a vacancy for a pipe fitter to join the team.|
The company generally provide commercial and domestic heating and gas systems to a variety of clients in and around areas of London. This is a specific role for them working on a specific set of sites
The main responsibilities and experience level requirements are
1) Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
2) Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints, also using maypress plastic, copper and steel.
3) Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
4) Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
5) Measure and mark pipes for cutting and thread
This is a long term contract position with more projects and work to follow on from this one
The company are a friendly and professional business, with a good client base and team of engineers. They are developing and growing with good opportunities with them in the future