|Job Ref:||204668269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
Design Engineer - West Midlands |
My client a noted contractor operating in the residential market are recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer to join their Midlands office and work on a number of new build social housing developments.
Applicants will be degree qualified and have at least 3 years previous experience in the field of civil engineering design and residential development projects
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
* Reporting to Regional Engineer, and providing mentoring to Assistant Engineer.
* Responsible for instructing any relevant surveys / investigations / reports required at tender / detailed design stage.
* Liaison with external design consultants to undertake feasibility studies for civil, structural & geotechnical engineering designs and collating a tender pricing pack for estimating / commercial teams.
* Ensure that the engineering designs are value engineered to provide the business with cost effective solutions at tender stage to ensure competitiveness in the market place.
* Liaison with estimating and commercial teams to ensure that engineering issues are communicated at tender stage and procurement stages to ensure best practice & value.
* Ensure that value engineered solutions are carried through to detail design stage to ensure that the budgetary targets are achieved.
* Ensure that building regs, NHBC and any other regulatory body sign off is achieved.
* Responsible for instigating and achieving technical approval and following through to completion - stopping up orders / section 38 / 104 / 278 / etc agreements to meet pre-commencement programme deadlines.
* Responsible for ensuring with the assistant engineer that all utilities are co-ordinated to meet programme deadlines, including diversion / upgrading / disconnection works.
The successful candidate will be offered secure employment, an excellent salary and commensurate executive package.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact -Heidi Genner- at Edge Careers