|Job Ref:||204667666||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Excellent benefits package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:18|
HSEQT Advisor - Construction |
Salary up to £40 - 50k depending on experience
The company is a well-established national construction group of companies; specialising in civil engineering, concrete structures, building, demolition and asbestos removal and waste management.
They are unique within the construction industry as a consequence of their internal specialist demolition, civil engineering, concrete structures, building and environmental solutions business units. Their greatest strength, and where they can bring significant value to clients, is when their divisional resources are integrated into a single team of specialists.
Built on strong, robust finances, the Group is a growing multi-disciplinary construction company, delivering both minor and major contracts, operating as a Principal or Specialist Contractor in support of Construction Partners on significant, multi-million schemes.
About the Division
After many years of organic growth, the Company has strengthened its position and strategically positioned itself to take advantage of market opportunities. As one of the UK and Ireland's specialist Civil Engineering Contractors, their strength has come from their in-house expertise and depth of experience across all sectors, regardless of project complexity, location or specific challenges on individual sites.
Their self-delivery model allows them to maintain control of all elements of a project, guaranteeing clients the quality and safety they expect.
At the heart of the company is their Safety culture, with a commitment to ensuring all employees get 'Safe Home Every Day' [SHED]. 'SHED' is the driving force of their behavioural safety change programme that promotes the Company ethos that they will not cut corners, lower their standards at the expense of the Safety of their most important asset, their employees.
About the Role
Due to organic growth, they now have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated HSEQT Advisor.
They require an ambitious and capable Health & Safety professional, with bags of energy, enthusiasm and ability, who is keen to take the initiative. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate having the ability to drive a positive culture change relating to all Heath, Safety, Environment, Quality & Training issues, with the determination to improve existing HSEQT standards.
Your role as dedicated HSEQT Advisor will be to conduct pro-active and re-active monitoring of projects across the Group, to safeguard employees and to significantly improve the Group's Health, Safety, Quality, Environment & Training performance and achieve 'SHED'.
Responsibilities will include
• Provide positive assistance to site on HSEQT issues, spending appropriate time on each site to adequately address issues and monitor compliance.
• Carrying out audits and inspections on site where required and ensure non-conformances are closed out.
• Assist in Project set up, pre-planning of works and safe systems of work.
• Assisting in development of project specific risk registers and assessments.
• Assist in project specific training matrix development, delivery of training and Tool Box Talks upon request.
• Carrying out re-active monitoring including accident, incident & near miss investigations.
• Monitoring and assisting in the assessment of sub-contractors.
• Liaise with external bodies, organisations & positively represent the Group as required.
The successful candidate must have worked as a HSEQT Advisor previously and will ideally have previous RC Frames/Construction experience to be considered.
• NEBOSH General or equivalent - minimum
• Need to have worked within constructioon
• Outstanding management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work, under pressure in a busy environment
• To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Use of Microsoft Office applications
If this role is of interest and you possess the skills and experience outlined above, please attach your CV for the attention of Anna Maguire