|Job Ref:||204669277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£17.16 - £21.38/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
The temporary role of surveyor has been released initially on a 3 month basis |
* To deliver the results required by clients under the various service contracts in terms of revenue or capital income, property appraisal or Landlord & Tenant matters either
* To undertake difficult & challenging tasks and to adopt innovative, efficient and effective means developed by the team to achieve successful results.
* To undertake detailed investigations into the Title and Town & Country Planning status of all classes and types of property included in the Council's estates, in its care, or required for the execution of its duties and responsibilities. This is to be done to ensure the premises meet the Council's requirements.
* To carry out all types of valuations in respect of those properties as necessary to meet the various clients' requirements.
* To act as the Council's Agent in its acquisition, letting, management and disposal, by sale or lease, of all types of property. The postholder will exercise substantial delegated financial authority in the difficult negotiations in order to secure the most advantageous terms for the Council.
* To prepare & present evidence as an expert witness to the Court, Tribunals, Inquiries and Arbitrators in pursuit of appropriate settlement of disputes over property related matters allocated to the post holder personally.
* To gather, collate, evaluate and present statistics and information on the financial and functional performance of the property in the team's care to ensure that the Council is achieving, as far as possible, optimum use of its resources. To present the information thus gained to the Senior Valuer as required.
* To prepare, submit and pursue Town & Country Planning Applications for the development and improvement of property in the team's care so as to ensure all premises can be put to the best use in achieving the Council's policies or realise the highest and best value when disposed of.
* To advise the Property Manager of potential conflicts in objectives and to present viable options for their resolution.
* To deputise for the Senior Valuer when requested to do so.
You should match the following criteria:
* Qualified (RICS or ISVA) with at least 5 years relevant post qualification experience,
* Well developed negotiating skills with a background in commercial or corporate property management.
* Some training and/or experience or ability to supervise and guide junior staff in providing services to specified quality, timescale and budget.
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Ability to relate the ownership & use of property to the Visions & Values of the Council.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP. For further information please contact Grant Wilson on (Apply online only)
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website