|Job Ref:||204669276||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£281 - £350/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
The temporary role of Poplar Riverside Housing Zone Urban Design Officer - Place Shaping has been released initially on a 3 month basis part time for 3 and a half days a week |
* To provide a high quality, specialised service for all urban design matters ensuring that all performance targets are met and that all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council's policies and procedures and to the best professional standards for the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
* To act as lead officer and undertake under own initiative and with minimal supervisions a variety of advanced tasks relating to complex and contentious urban design mastering the proper involvement of all relevant Council directorates, local residents and communities and other specialist organisations to ensure that urban design proposals, policy or planning project meet all national requirements, strategic objectives and local needs.
* Design, consult on and implement changes to improve the Council's urban design service. They may include policy development, setting out new procedures, processes and standards, to ensure continual effectiveness and efficiency in delivering a quality conservation service including value for money initiatives.
* Promote the urban design work and services of the Directorate and Service, liaising with other sections within the Service and the Directorate and other services within Council, elected members, external bodies and statutory authorities including the provision of information, advice, guidance, and assistance to residents of the Borough and businesses.
* To devise, promote and deliver where appropriate specialised urban design training to the Team, Service, Directorate or Council.
* To lead, with minimal supervision, the procurement, appointment and management of consultants undertaking urban design and related commissions for the directorate to ensure that all relevant Council policies and procurement and financial regulations are fully met and complied with.
* Represent the Council as an expert witness on issues involving urban design at public enquires and in court. Have expert knowledge of all relevant legislation, make recommendations and present to the Development Committee's on whether planning applications have met the Council's design and conservation criteria and where significant impacts arise, recommend suitable mitigation d within prescribed time-scales.
* Undertake when required, a monitoring role in respect of urban design issues and major development related projects/programmes.
* Manage a number of major complex proposals, initiatives and/or projects simultaneously, responding quickly to changed circumstances and balancing often conflicting priorities under pressure.
* Lead the planning and preparation of urban design related public consultation exercises including the design and production of leaflets, exhibition material and other public information documentation, ensuring that Council Directorates, community organisations, amenity and minority groups, external agencies and Government Bodies are consulted in accordance with the requirements of the Statement of Community Involvement.
* Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that all aspects of the departmental Service Plan are delivered within corporate objectives.
* Develop new project implementation partnerships within Tower Hamlets and between Tower Hamlets Council and external agencies.
* Give sound advice, utilising customer service skills, to Members of the public, other council departments, council members and interested parties on urban design matters either in person or through correspondence.
You should match the following criteria:
* Excellent knowledge of key issues relating to planning and regeneration within inner London.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of planning legislation, policies and good practice at, national, London and local level to deliver an effective design service.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of urban design and place shaping.
* RTPI accredited post-graduate planning degree and additional urban design specialist course/qualification.
* Significant and demonstrable experience of working in town planning and urban design or related disciplines, including knowledge of local authority urban design services
* Demonstrable experience in preparing and delivering reports to senior managers and/or Members.
* Must have demonstrable project management experience on a wide range of different urban design project initiatives.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP. For further information please contact Grant Wilson on (Apply online only)
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website