|Job Ref:||204669162||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum £70,000 - £80,000||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
Our client is seeking Commercial Managers to be based in Manchester or Birmingham where you will be required to maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of large M&E installations on commercial and public building projects with the careful management of risk from initial pre-qualification stage until contract formation, you will have responsibility for advising senior management on the commercial risk elements of tenders / contracts.|
These roles are being offered on a permanent basis paying between £70,000 - £80,000 per annum, dependant on your level of experience.
• Delivering the appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities under their leadership
• Providing valued support to all business development/focus win/tendering activities in line with the Company's procedures.
• Evaluating and appraising risks during the tender process and develop strategies on how the risks can best be managed.
• Identify / generate opportunities at the front end and generate an action plan on how these can be realised
• Negotiating amicable upstream terms of contracts / collateral warranties etc. in conjunction with the company guidelines and procedures
• Assist in the preparation of tender submission documentation to clarify the commercial basis of the submission
• Formulating in conjunction with the tender/project team, a commercial plan specifically identifying the activities necessary to protect the company and enhance the profitability of contracts
• Providing leadership for the commercial team in line with company standards and values working to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within them
• Ensuring that commercial delegated authorities are complied with and records maintained
• Ensuring that all commercial activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedures and external legislation governing business operations.
Skills/ Experience Required:
• Significant experience of working within the Commercial function, ideally with a BSc in Quantity Surveying, whilst being a member of RICS is desirable
• You will have engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally.
• Previous experience of working of M&E installations on commercial and public construction buildings.
• Experience of NEC, JCT and Bespoke contracts