|Job Ref:||204669034||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
PERMANENT POSITION |
Ref 1106/7 - Poole
Assistant Quantity Surveyor required for our client in Poole. This is an office based position and would suit somebody with a minimum of two years experience working with a sub-contractor.
This is an office based position in Poole with the working hours being Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 8am - 4pm.
As Assistant Quantity Surveor you will be able to accurately value contracts on a monthly basis together with assisting the senior Quantity Surveyor with general administration and running of a cohesive and proactive QS department.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability:
• To complete monthly valuations on assigned projects ensuring that all commercial and operational aspects have been billed correctly.
• To ensure that the accounts department have all the quantity information from the operative's wages to accurately pay the directly employed staff.
• To ensure that the accounts department have all the quantity information from the subcontractors invoices accurately pay the subcontractors.
• To liaise with subcontractors to ensure that their invoices accurately reflect the works undertaken and issue payment notices in line with current legislation.
• To price up variations on contracts, issue these to the clients and gain instruction to proceed in line with QS procedures.
• Liaise with SMD construction managers to advise on commercial issues regarding contract operations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers.
• Maintain regular consistence and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and always adherence to relevant Health & Safety procedures.
• To be responsible for the creation and achievement of your own personal development plan with the support and agreement of your Line manager.
Essential Skills & Experience Required to Perform Role:
Qualities need to include being self-directed, the ability to work independently, and being highly-motivated.
Strong organisational skills including the ability to priorities, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
Be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, it's important to stay focused and carry out tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Be detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy due to the nature of the work.
Strong organisational skills including project related paperwork, project management and time management.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including telephone and face to face.
Ability to identify and define problems, collate data, establish facts and propose and implement solutions.
Excellent negotiation skills.
On overview of construction industry contract law.
2 years' experience in surveying
Secondary Skills & Experience Required to Perform Role:
Excellent IT Skills in Microsoft Office & AutoCAD
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be able to organize and present information in line with department procedures
Can do attitude, not afraid to test owns ability
Essential Qualifications Required to Perform the Role:
GCSE Grade A-C (English, math's & at least 3 others)
A-Level Grade A-C (Optional)
HND / HNC Related Subject (Optional)