|Job Ref:||204668994||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South East London||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Plus Generous Package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 02:42|
Primarily head office based with external customer and site meetings.|
Due to organic growth my Client are proactively seeking an experienced Mechanical Services PM to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be experienced in working on a number of various high profile projects within both the Public and Private Sectors.
Our customers paramount to what we do and as we continue to expand and build to better serve their engineering needs across all sectors. Our engineers work as part of the client's team constantly bringing excellent value to every project. The clients success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the 'norm'.
The role will report to the MD and is responsible for the control, management, and leadership of teams of directly employed and sub contract engineers and installation engineers and additional support staff within the maintenance and installation function. An effective relationship with the customers and staff is essential.
1) Required to supervise and direct operations on Mechanical and Electrical projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to an excellent standard, on time and within budget.
2) Manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
3) Supervision of personnel on site specialist sub-contract, agency and direct employees.
4) Co-ordination of installation - review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
5) Ensure weekly progress reporting is issued, for example RFI's, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical date, identification and any documentation that is specific to projects which you are involved in. In order to achieve this, it is important that a full understanding of all aspects of the project is known.
6) Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors and ensuring all works are carried out correctly and as per contract and specification.
7) Liaison with clients, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required including attendance at all project related and management meetings.
8) Hold regular progress meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and effectively control the use of both labour and materials - Carry out surveys of installations -Ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the due dates and manage commissioning so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any projects -Inspection, testing, commissioning and witnessing plans.
12) Close out project successfully and to budgeted profit levels. Commercial awareness requesting and monitoring of instructions and issuing same to consultant engineers/quantity surveyors. Issue of work records and labour returns, provision of information or costing of variations etc.
1) Have experience of fixed price contracts with good appreciation of commercial aspects.
2) Have a proven track record of successfully delivering Design and Build projects within a relevant sector.
3) Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and a good team player.
4) Project Management experience from procurement through to site delivery and handover.
5) Experience of managing projects between £400k and £1M.
6) Be technically strong, client focused and proactive.
7) Hold appropriate project management qualification