|Job Ref:||203700461||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Company Car, Bonus||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be expected to take the lead on all live contracts for the valuations, Variations, contract negotiations and Final account resolutions. The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a commercial builder background and/or experience working on all types of standard contracts both new build and refurbishment. You will possess knowledge of standard forms of contract (NEC / JCT).|
* Performing risk and value management
* Advising on procurement strategy;
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
* Analysing costing for tenders;
* Providing advice on contractual claims;
* Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
* Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
* Cost Control or projects/ contracts
* Preparing and submitting final accounts
* Control of additional works/ variations
* Contract Invoicing verification
Professional Skills/ Experience:
* Worked in a similar role previously for a tier 1 or 2 builder
* Experience in contract terminology.
* Effective Leadership and communication skills.
* Self motivated, able to motivate others effectively
* Good Managerial skills
* Results orientated
* Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
* Accepts and stimulates change within working environment
* A good understanding of the construction industry.
* A good understanding of the tier 1&2 builder's processes and procedures.
* Clean Driving Licence
* The potential, drive and ambition to develop your career in a commercial and fast-paced environment.
* The personal credibility to talk to all levels, typically dealing with Senior quantity surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, project managers and senior decision makers.
* Passionate, professional, personable, motivated and dedicated.
* Good probing skills to identify areas of opportunity.
* Evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills. Highly personally credible with customers
* Able to liaise effectively with tradesman and project management teams