|Job Ref:||204673179||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Middlesbrough||Address:||Post Code:||TS3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum benefits package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
Developer Advocate/Developer Relations Engineer|
Middlesbrough (potentially London, with travel)
£35k - £45k depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Developer Advocate to join a rapidly growing digital business playing a key role as the interface between the engineering and product teams building the underlying platform and 3rd party developers, creating documentation, training and delivering best practices.
The Developer Advocate will be responsible for building and maintaining an indexed knowledge-base of business support information to aid and further the business activities of the company.
Developer Advocate Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Creation of libraries, articles, books, training, reference apps to best practice standards and delivering quality
2. The ability to influence the direction of the platform, checking in code, contributing to the API designs, and performing code and API reviews
3. Presenting material that's informative, entertaining, and engaging online; wordsmithing docs, blogs, and social media. Interacting with communities; and effectively communicating bugs, features, and issues with internal engineering teams.
4. Authoring technical stories and establishing a repository of information to support internal product development activities
5. Review technical solutions devised by team to establish technical specifications and to determine material required for successful development
6. Ensure that technology standards are best practice and maintained for key product areas
In our Developer Advocate we are looking for:
* An experienced development engineer, with a track record in software engineering Ability to demonstrate technical mastery of Design, Development, and Deployment of highly scalable web based systems.
* Experience building on Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) technologies.
* Experience in implementing architectures that support mobile web applications including responsive design and hybrid models for native device applications.
* Knowledge in the areas of custom software development (Java Web development. experience is required); OO Design Patterns; Web Services, middleware and messaging technologies.
* Working within agile / scrum team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or other relevant subject area.
Desirable Developer Advocate experience:
* Experience dealing with large global platforms such as CMS, DAM, ERP, and CRM preferred.
* Experience implementing an eCommerce platform e.g. Hybris, IBM WebSphere, Oracle ATG, DemandWare.
* Solid experience with popular Open Source platforms, frameworks and components such a, Cassandra, Solr, NodeJS, AngularJS.
If you are interested in the advertised position for Developer Advocate please 'Register your interest' through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT