|Job Ref:||204672601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Bracknell Forest||Address:||Salary:||£75000 - £90000/annum Bonus + Car allowance + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
Summary of the Job |
The Senior Consultant will have significant knowledge in at least one major area of Retail, Retail technology or business innovation and a wide knowledge in at least two other key areas. The Senior Consultant will need a hybrid skill set to personally undertake both pre-sales business development and client-based consultancy assignments in these specialist areas. These assignments will either generate consulting 'day rate' revenue or be undertaken to develop customer relationships capable of generating business benefit for the Company.
This person will be responsible for utlising their Retail knowledge, software & consultancy skills to:
* Develop and progress new Retail consultancy and software propositions for UK Retail.
* Support and lead Pre-sales activities in conjunction with Sales and wider Professional Services team.
* Develop strong skills and understanding of the (url removed) software solutions suite.
* Deliver and provide consulting leadership of TP Software and PS related engagements.
* Build a strong internal network across countries to increase knowledge share.
* Act as lead consultant throughout the project delivery cycle for selected engagements.
Pre-Sales: Business Development & Consultancy
* To identify and create opportunities for consultancy and software led assignments.
* To develop 'go to market' consulting led propositions, with the ability to sell these propositions both internally and externally.
* To participate in and support sales activities, particularly leading the demonstration of specialist knowledge and capability to potential clients.
* To be the Professional Services (PS) owner for pre-sale activities, such as RFP completion, presentations, SOW creation, workshop management, scope mgt. , terms of reference, objectives and deliverables for assignments.
* To achieve the position of 'trusted advisor' and 'thought leader' in specialist areas in order to achieve sales success and position Wincor Nixdorf as a key long-term business partner.
* To undertake selected assignments and deliver results in accordance with agreed scope (may be strategic review, client board briefing, preparation for service procurement, business re-engineering recommendations, etc).
* To ensure all assignment 'stakeholders' are identified and sufficiently informed and involved in the assignment. To ensure individual 'stakeholders' provide high levels of personal and public support for the assignment.
* To ensure appropriate, comprehensive and timely assignment reporting and escalation (within Wincor Nixdorf and to the customer).
* To ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the assignment. To actively manage (and extend) client engagements and to develop strong / lasting relationships capable of generating business benefit.
* To act as a 'catalyst' within Wincor Nixdorf for innovation in specialist knowledge area in order to create business and market demand.
* To ensure specialist knowledge is constantly updated and actively seek out market and competitor intelligence in order to position Wincor Nixdorf consistently as the 'supplier of choice'.
* To gain personal reputation and recognition in specialist knowledge areas. To participate in the appropriate forums and events in order to raise the profile of Wincor Nixdorf in target market.
* To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time.
* Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, but within a team environment.
* A willingness to muck in and get the job done.
* Must have software and or consulting alongside Retail knowledge. Store solutions background is advantageous, but not essential. Must have professional services, Retail domain experience