|Job Ref:||204672345||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for DBG. We have joined forces with Merkle, moved into incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. And, with a growing team of Database Engineers we are now seeking a Senior Database Engineer to help plan, develop and innovate solutions for our clients.|
You will be working within our specialist Development Team designing and developing data warehouses. You will also be responsible for the ETL process using SSIS to produce high quality, robust and unit tested solutions. Mobilising the latest principles on a diverse range of Marketing and Campaign Management projects, we will look to you for best practice and clever thinking.
An important aspect of the role is the ability to document architecture, structure and implementation details for your projects. And as a senior member of the team, you will also be making recommendations on how to optimise and improve the engineering process - and help to design warehouses of the future.
Life as a Developer at Merkle | DBG
- Team managers are tasked with maintaining your interest through diversity - so you will be working on varied projects, brands and levels of complexity
- Innovation time: time to nourish your brain and ideate for the future, including regular hackathons and "brown bag" session
- Career progression: we have re-launched our appraisal system to encourage continuous development
- Opportunity to rub minds with the best minds in the business - we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative
- Access to a big data sandbox; invaluable for R&D
- To feed your mind, we pay for you to attend annual conferences and events - for example SQLbits or Wired
A few of the benefits
Whether it's the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle | DBG social calendar, people love working here - and we hope you will too...
- When you join, you will have access to professional exec coaching, training with the best tools in the industry - and a Career Development Fund to keep you at the very top of your game
- Merkle University - with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension and life insurance
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Significant discount on a selection of car brands
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays - enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of Merkle DBG once a month
- Four thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- Games room with pool table and table tennis
- In-house HD cinema - movie nights once a month
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- B.S./NA in Computer Science, Maths, Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Microsoft-Certified (MCSD or MCSA desirable)
- 2+ years database/data warehouse design and data modelling
- 3+ years SQL Server experience (2008, 2012, 2014)
- 5+ years strong SQL/T-SQL experience
- Additional scripting languages such as Python and Perl
- Marketing Agency / Service Industry / SI Consultancy experience highly desirable
- Large data sets and stores, with consumer/PII data
- Different SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Lean or Kanban
- Strong experience in Requirements Analysis and Specification, and estimating
- Source Control systems
- ETL tools and design
- Hadoop and/or streaming technologies for ETL (Storm, Spark, etc.)
- Server architectures, distributed systems and file systems
- SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Practical experience with different flavours of data stores: columnar, distributed, row based (such as SQL Server 2014/2016, AWS RedShift, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Genuine interest in technology and a curious mind
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and be an inspiring leader
About Merkle | DBG:
Merkle | DBG is a data and tech company and part of one of the world's largest marketing agencies. By using data to make what we call 'compelling connections' across technology, channels, devices - and people - we are able to create better experiences. Because better experiences make people happier. And after all, positive customers create positive growth.
Our core services include:
- Developing strategies and deploying communications for a connected world, whatever the channel: email, SMS, website, DMP, mobile, social, app, etc.
- Providing data visualisation for measurement, reporting, Business Intelligence and scenario planning
- Visualising and creatively conveying innovation plans, strategy and results
- Developing data-driven platforms through which to engage with customers
- Recommending and implementing multichannel marketing automation tools to drive conversations
- Analysis of insights from clients' data to fuel their marketing strategies - we also partner with notable agencies including BBH, Lida and Proximity
- Data governance and management solutions
Implementation and support of a wide range of third party marketing tools (e.g. IBM, Adobe, ExactTarget, FastStats and StrongView)
Merkle | DBG does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience