|Job Ref:||204671998||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Hastings||Address:||Post Code:||TN34||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum DOE||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:59|
IT Manager, IM&T Manager, Technical, Virtual, Virtualization, Security, Firewalls, Backups, Disaster Recovery, Project Planning, Systems, Networks, Protocols, Operating Systems.|
This is a career defining opportunity to join a well-established organisation within the medical field. The UK's leading independent provider of reporting services to the medical industry! This organization is experiencing a period of sustainable growth. Brilliant benefits and a great company Apply now!
*Fantastic opportunity to become an important part of a well-regarded company!
The IM&T Manager's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IM&T Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate and manage all IM&T-related activities of the organisation, as well as providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IM&T department.
The IM&T Manager will work closely with the IT Director to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization as well as providing tutelage for and development of the IM&T Team Lead.
The IT Managers Duties:
Reporting the IT Director, your core responsibilities will be:
Strategy & Planning
• Support the IT Director in delivering on operational and strategic objectives, including fostering innovation, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of IM&T resources with associated control documentation and reporting.
Operational IM&T Management
• Close management, mentoring and leadership of the current IM&T team and organisation of their activity in line with the department priorities, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Provide tutelage for and development of the IM&T Team Lead to enhance management capability
• Ownership of the timely provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services, monitoring and reporting on the internal Service Desk system as well as to the IT Director on departmental achievement on a weekly basis.
• Ensure the effective delivery, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals with regular reporting into the IT Director.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
• Practice and control the asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment as specified by the IT Director.
• Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Take part in, support and develop the on-call requirements of the business.
• Support and the company's accreditations, both current and future.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven experience of managing an IT department and leading IT members.
• Strong team leading skills.
• Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
• Strong technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and server operating systems
• Strong knowledge of IT security and firewalls.
• Knowledge of Virtualisation concepts and technologies.
• Knowledge of Backup and replication technologies.
• Proven experience in disaster recovery, business continuity and the building of high availability systems
• Proven experience in IT project planning and development.
• Healthcare IT and systems experience a significant advantage
IT Manager, IM&T Manager, Technical, Virtual, Virtualization, Security, Firewalls, Backups, Disaster Recovery, Project Planning, Systems, Networks, Protocols, Operating Systems.
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful.
YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation