|Job Ref:||204671474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winchester||Address:||Post Code:||SO23||Salary:||£300 - £350/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
An Asset and Configuration Analyst is required for 3 months (likely to be extended) based in Winchester.|
The Asset and Configuration Analyst will be required to contribute to the effectiveness of IT&C's decision-making by managing and providing accurate information on all IT&C assets. To use automatic and manual methods to track assets, their locations and users and to investigate and resolve data anomalies. The Asset and Configuration Analyst will be responsible for Asset and Configuration management of CIs and data related to these business Services, enforcing this across IT&C and providing governance to teams and the wider business.
Day to day duties -
* Manage and maintain the data integrity of the CMDB for agreed business services, working with other Service Management teams, using appropriate tools and methods, including selective audit as necessary.
* Manage asset and configuration records for IT assets and mobile communications devices, this includes software assets in collaboration with the wider Service Asset and Configuration Team.
* Promote Asset and Configuration Management across IT&C, producing and managing Asset and Configuration Management procedures for agreed business services, aligned to the overall Policy and high level Processes.
* Produce, maintain and review quality KPI and status reports related to Asset and Configuration Management for the agreed business services in readiness for customer reviews and audits.
* Prepare regular and ad hoc reports as required/agreed, suggest reports and act proactively.
* Contribute to service reviews with suppliers and vendors.
* Use the IT Service Management system to keep records up to date with accurate attribute and relationship details
* Purchase assets requested via the formal request and approval processes
* Optimise the cost-effective redeployment of assets
* Fulfil tasks assigned to Asset and Config within agreed timescales
Experience/skills required -
* Excellent understanding of Service Management methodology and disciplines, in particular:
- Demonstrable experience of successful Asset Management and hardware deployment
- Demonstrable experience of successful Configuration Management, including maintaining of the CMDB
* Practical experience of the core ITIL principles
* Strong knowledge of the Asset Lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
* A broad understanding of IT Service Management platforms and reporting principles
* Demonstrate significant experience in a similar position and size of company.
* Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible, ability to work unsupervised.
* Ability to prioritise high workloads and react to customer needs.
* Proven stakeholder management
* Clear communication skills
* Champion for Continuous Improvement and ability to suggest, lead and implement CI on own processs.
* Attention to detail, methodical and thorough approach to tasks.
* Enthusiastic champion of IT Service Management and customer service
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate
* ITIL v3 Intermediate level (desirable)
* SME in at least one ITIL related process i.e. Asset and Configuration Management.
Experience in Software Asset Management is desirable
This role is to start asap and will pay £350 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)