|Job Ref:||204671197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
Software Development Manager - Southampton - £60k|
Large Scale Web Applications, Agile, Extreme Programming (XP)
Experienced and charismatic Software Development Manager required to join my client, a world leader in their domain, to lead and line manage a team of 4-8 developers. My client develop a world class SaaS product to deliver innovative solutions to their global clients including a number of large well known household names. You will be experienced in managing a team of software developers but will also come from a recent hands on background which included building large scale web applications deployed on Linux hosts. You will be encouraged to participate in rapid prototyping and hackathons. My client culture is open and collaborative and you will help shape the direction of some truly unique systems which provide insight into some of the worlds most recognized brands.
You will have the following experience:-
• Using Agile software development practices
• Extreme Programming (XP) is beneficial
• Hands on coding experience (PHP)
• Developing web applications deployed on Linux Hosts
• Architecting, developing and maintaining complex commercial web applications
• Team lead experience managing software developers
• In-depth full-stack web development experience
• OOP, TDD and BDD
You will be responsible for:-
• Leading a multi-disciplined Agile team - managing, coaching and motivating
• Energising and communicating Vision
• Ensuring the team follow engineering best practice and procedures
• Lead effective project planning and prioritisation sessions
• Take a lead role - whether that be - Scrum Master, Project or Technical Lead
This is a very exciting time to join my client as they are going through an element of change and overhauling the technical and product teams - they have also recently merged with another company with a view of becoming an international insights pioneer. I would be keen to speak with you if you have the relevant skills and are up for the challenges this role will being.
In return my client can offer you a range of benefits including:- Pension, Healthcare Cash Plan and BUPA, 22 days holiday plus one week off for personal development and time off at Christmas, Annual Trips and Events, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Free Eye Tests, impromptu pizza deliveries, BBQ's and Bakery Buffets, a creative and collaborative environment and an idyllic location set in the peaceful countryside.
Keywords:- Software Development Manager, Development Manager, Head of Development, Software Team Lead, Development Lead, PHP, Agile, XP, Extreme Programming, OOP, TDD< BDD, Linux, SCRUM, Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester