|Job Ref:||204670709||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
Major, market-leading travel company requires a passionate UX professional to join its large digital team in the Crawley area, West Sussex.|
Making a valuable contribution to the success of a host of luxury travel e-commerce applications (mobile & web), the UX Researcher will work to understand online customers better than they understand themselves. With involvement in a range of multi-channel projects, ranging from early proposition work to e-commerce initiatives, you will support a range of impressive brands.
The UX Researcher will play an important role in understanding customer needs and behaviour, providing design recommendations and giving strategic insight across the business.
The day-to-day responsibility will encompass elements of formative research, testing, design support, customer sentiment management and benchmarking, specifically including the following activities:
- Define and recommend the right approach to meet research briefs.
- Manage the end to end research process from participant recruitment to final debrief.
- Help estimate UX research timescales for projects and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Assist in producing/maintaining personas for each brand, reflecting their respective audiences.
- Facilitate workshops and focus groups for understanding customer needs and testing concepts.
- Carry out depth interviews.
- Conduct surveys and analyse results.
- Present findings and insights to the wider team and business stakeholders.
- Work with Web Analysts to gain a complete picture of customer behaviour and identify areas of weakness.
- Define tasks, write scripts, and moderate usability testing. Carry out remote testing where appropriate.
- Work with UX Designers to develop mental models and map out customer journeys.
- Monitor feedback sources, identifying emerging trends and report back to stakeholders.
- Ensure pain points throughout the customer journey are fed into business priorities and roadmaps.
- Stay current with best practices and methodologies
- Regularly review what competitors are offering and how they tackle similar issues.
The successful UX Researcher will be able to demonstrate a good level of experience of applying human factors methodologies within a digital environment and ideally hold a degree in subjects relating to human factors, ergonomics, cognitive psychology, usability, anthropology or design.
You will also have experience of a range of methodologies and have a sound understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading travel company and work within a great team, making a real mark on the customer experience across a range of high level e-commerce web and mobile applications.
In reward for this valuable contribution, you will be rewarded with a salary of £40,000, a range of benefits and good long term career development prospects.
Keywords: e-commerce, UX, Customer Experience, User Experience, CX, UX Researcher, eCommerce, UX Research, Web, Mobile, Digital, Travel, Crawley, West Sussex
This is a permanent vacancy