|Job Ref:||204670379||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
SCC is Europe's largest independent IT infrastructure and Solutions business. As Managed Services Provider of the year 2015, we are the leading strategic partner to all major technology vendors. With over 5,000 employees across Europe, we support in excess of 5 million users across more than 2500 customers in 50 countries. We have even won awards and are in the Top 3 for UK Data Centre and Cloud Services.|
Overall Job Purpose:
The Network Specialist will be responsible for the technical execution of networking designs across a range of customer's in a multi-tenanted environment that offers exposure to an array of cutting-edge technologies, with the focus on service delivery excellence and improvements.
Must have solid technical experience implementing low-level networking designs. The ability to face off with third party technical staff is key as is solid documentation experience.
The position will be part of a team of Technical Specialist's within Design & Delivery responsible for the delivery of a varying sized project implementations for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
Main Duties of Job:
• Implementation of low-level networking designs ensuring they are fit for purpose and adhering to agreed standards and frameworks.
• Support and where directed, lead the design of networking services and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
• Technical delivery of network projects utilising core technologies such as Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint and F5 products
• Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
• Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
• To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and have an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
• In-depth experience of Cisco networking products to at least CCNA certification level.
• Hands-on experience of at least some of the following: Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint, Huawei, Brocade, HP and F5 products including practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
• Detailed technical knowledge of routing and switching, firewalls, load balancer, WAN technologies, software-defined/virtualised networking, unified networking, multi-context networking devices and application delivery controllers
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
• Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
• Strong customer facing experience.
• Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level.
• Commitment to exceed customers' expectations.
At SCC, we understand that people make us possible and that the real value of technology lies in the people using it. That's why we empower our staff with a wide range of training, equipment and opportunities. So, if you're looking for a career where you can learn, develop and grow in a successful, fast-paced environment then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Interested ? If so please call Andrea Hoffman or email your CV today
Call (Apply online only)