|Job Ref:||204670045||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum Salary dependent upon experience||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
Our client is a growing software business with big plans for the future, and are now looking to bolster their team with the recruitment of a talented Technical Support Engineer. Reporting to the company directors, the successful candidate will lead the delivery of excellent customer service and technical support for the company's growing customer base. You will also require a proven track record in quickly becoming a technical expert across a range of products, whilst providing world class support for all technical matters in direct contact with our customers. The stand-out candidate will show experience of translating those day-to-day conversations with businesses, into long lasting, commercially beneficial relationships.|
• Provide technical support to Sales
• Log Tickets, provide Helpdesk Support to partners and end customers
• Develop commercial opportunities through data analysis and deploying best practice leading edge technologies
• Create and maintain system documentation, and standard operating practices
• Responsible for streamlining, standardising and continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures
• Create training material and deliver training to customers, partners and internal personnel
• Maintain and setup internal support systems, and provide demonstrations to customers
• Key expert for all technical requirements listed below;-
• Responsible for Deployment/Maintenance of software products (built on Oracle Forms and Reports) onto customer sites
• Provide 1st and 2nd Line Technical Support to the customer base
• Responsible for Internal Servers and maintenance
• Responsible for managing relationships with 3rd Party hardware and development providers
• Occasional travel to attend UK sites
Essential Technical Expertise Required;-
• Server Set up and Administration
• Oracle 10g Database and Application Server administration
• Network Set Up and Maintenance
• Experience of Virtualization (Ideally Hyper-V)
• Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, SBS2008, SBS2011
• Exchange 2007/2010/2011/Office 365
• VPN Set Up and Maintenance
• Microsoft SQL server
• Experience of diagnosing and fixing Oracle/Windows Compatibility issues
• Experience of administering Firewalls
• Experience of configuring Anti-Virus solutions
• Experience of administering IT environments
• Able to communicate efficiently with peers, internal departments, suppliers and customers
• Commercially minded individual with the ability to identify business opportunities and who can see the bigger picture of the company's goals
• Ideally, at least 10 years similar experience and a proven track record of supporting business growth and able to demonstrate experience/knowledge of the above technical requirements.
• A passion and interest in software development and future software trends in support of SME Growth.
• A positive and flexible attitude to the team.
• A desire for job satisfaction and happiness.
• Motivated and confident individual with the ability to adapt to new challenges and hunter's mentality.
• Happy to work with others and create a great team spirit.
• Persuasive and supportive qualities.
As part of this role, a certain amount of UK business travel will be required and in pursuit of our aim to provide excellent customer service, there may also be some flexibility of working hours over unsociable periods /weekends as business dictates.
This is a permanent role, and in return we offer a competitive salary and key company benefits and incentive programme. In addition, we have recently relocated to new offices in a modern, safe, working environment with free car parking