|Job Ref:||204669845||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£275 - £350/day||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
Senior Back Office Support Technician - up to £350/ day - 5 month contract - Oxford*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key clients in Oxford who are looking for a Senior Back Office Support Technician to join their team on an initial 5-6 month contract. This is a new Role to provide technical resources for the application hosting project, it is essential that the post holder is a Cloud Migration Specialist not a generic Server Engineer.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Assistance with managing production, staging and development environments.
* Complete assigned tickets.
* Support escalations of production issues. Planning, provisioning, tuning, configuring systems.
* Working closely with hosting vendors and other IT vendors.
* Responsible for in depth security admin, which includes research, design, installation, testing, configuration, troubleshooting.
* Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
* Assistance migration of customer systems to a hybrid or fully cloud based environment
Essential skills and experience:
* Deploying Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2012 R2 in a disk to disk to Azure cloud model.
* Microsoft Azure Resource Manager IaaS components (Virtual Machines, storage objects, network groups etc.) D
* Deploying Azure Site Recovery Manager to protect on premise infrastructure within Azure
* Managing Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 in a working in environments of at least 100 servers.
* A good understanding of ITIL service transition approaches.
* This role requires strong technical documentation skills with an excellent command of written English and clear technical diagrams.
* The successful candidate must provide examples of their previous documentation and be prepared to discuss the content.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Microsoft's StorSimple solution; especially data migration from existing environments.
* Microsoft Azure App Services VMware vSphere Netapp Storage Linux