|Job Ref:||204669777||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£115000 - £125000/annum Bonus, car allowance, pension sche||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:00|
VP Network Operations - This brand new position of VP Network Operations will take responsibility for developing a 'best in class` global network operations team. A market leading manufacturer in the rapidly growing smart city sector, we have established a commanding position in the UK and our network technology is provoking significant interest from around the world.|
BENEFITS: Bonus, car allowance, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, relocation allowance.
LOCATION: This role is split between office and homebased so we are flexible on most UK locations.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Cambridge, Peterborough, Northampton, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Bristol, Milton Keynes, Oxford,
JOB SPECIFICATION - VP Network Operations
We are one of Europe`s premier wireless 'smart city` communications specialists, our central management system is the most advanced in the market, focused on reducing energy consumption and improving maintenance efficiencies in cities and utilities. We are ideally placed to take a lead in the rapid growth of the global 'smart city` industry, building on the market leading position we have already developed in the UK and US. This brand new role will take responsibility for developing a 'best in class` global operations team: leading new customer network installations, providing customer support and maintenance, system test, documentation and training, quality management and product development.
REQUIREMENTS - VP Network Operations
* You will be a senior executive with the breadth and depth of experience to lead the networking operations and performance aspects of the business during an exciting period of change and growth.
* It will be very useful if you have managed installation for a manufacturer.
* Experience of setting up and/or managing network operations and/or network Operations Centres (NoC`s)
* You will ideally have experience and knowledge of Linux / Unix and Windows based environments, database driven web applications, field operated equipment.
* It will be helpful if you have experience delivering mission critical systems to Government, Local Authorities, Utilities or Telecoms operators.
* The ideal background will include positions in corporates as well as more entrepreneurial experience.
* Dynamic, self-starter with a desire to participate in building a business.
* Qualified to degree level
* Experience of working internationally, managing remote operations and staff.
* In-depth knowledge of managing operations to support large external customers.
* Ability to think strategically, whilst executing on current operational requirements.
WHY THIS ROLE - VP Network Operations
* As part of 'Internet of Things` the smart city sector is growing very fast and we are already playing a leading role.
* Our technology is advanced and has multiple application potential.
* We have received significant recent investment to fund the next phase of our growth.
* This is a new role, a chance to make something of your own in a fast growing company.
* We are well managed, profitable and have no debt. We offer a committed, collaborative and inclusive working environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES - VP Network Operations
* Develop a 'best in class` operations department that makes a significant contribution to strategy and growth.
* Overall management of customer network operations including line management of the global operations team, currently 9 staff.
* The configuration/deployment & support of all infrastructures including 24 x 7 support.
* Monitoring and performance management of all networks.
* Customer training and the creation of customer training packs
* Supporting customers in the UK and overseas including maintenance.
* Management of the Document Management System.
* Manage hosting partner and future server infrastructure strategy.
* User experience and customer satisfaction.
* Appraise and improve/instigate processes: both customer facing and also internally e.g. working closely with development and sales.
* Commercial risk management - assess and monitor our standing vs liabilities in customer contracts.
* Management of company IT.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Networks, communications, wireless, control and monitoring, operations, support and service, technology solutions, mission critical systems, local authorities, civil contractors, electricity suppliers.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting VP Network Operations reference GB1609-42 to DD: +44 (0)(Apply online only) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (Apply online only). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based