|Job Ref:||204669433||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Bromley||Address:||Post Code:||WV15||Salary:||£25000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
Cosmos Tours Ltd is associated with the Globus Family of Brands, an international travel company with over 80 years experience of providing touring holidays. The UK arm of the company started trading in 1961 and offers a fantastic choice of escorted tours, river and ocean cruises, multi-centre holidays and rail journeys from countries all over the world. Our holiday brands are Cosmos Tours & Cruises, Archers Holidays, and luxury river cruise operator, Avalon Waterways. |
The ideal candidate will be someone who possesses the below attributes and full training will be given
- Participate in workshops with internal & external partners to identify any new business requirements
- Writing functional documentation
-Signing off solution documents
- Liaising with systems architects
- Reporting system bugs
- Setup and testing of new API links
- Assist with testing of system developments
- Assist management with on-going maintenance release scheduling
- Supporting & managing business users with acceptance testing
- Communicate on-going support & development issues to team members & stakeholders
- Assist with testing of system bug fixes
- Writing test scripts
- Conducting staff training sessions
- Writing system training manuals
Skills, Behaviours and Experience
- Experience within the travel industry.
- Ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Must be analytical and focused with a mathematical, scientific, engineering or, ideally, software development degree or background
- Personal learning - ability to learn and understand Cosmos Tours Ltd internal system (Travelbox) - Not essential
- Experience of systems integration using APIs an advantage
- Experience of integration of travel websites with reservation systems an advantage
- Experience of SQL, ideally PL/SQL and/or Transact SQL an advantage
- Highly organized.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly while working under pressure.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communication across all levels of the business
- Planning and organising own workload
- Adaptability and flexibility