|Job Ref:||204674116||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum 8% pension, private medical, etc||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
Linux / JBoss Engineer, Automation: Chef / Puppet / Cobbler, upto £65k |
This global Financial Services Company is looking to recruit a Linux / JBoss Systems Engineer with skills and experience in automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Cobbler.
You will work in a global environment and assist in the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of Linux / JBoss infrastructure and services. You will provide internal and external customers with excellent customer service while striving to provide world-class service.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and be comfortable working within a truly global environment.
* Strong experience working with enterprise level Linux / JBoss services, configuration and administration.
* Troubleshooting and resolving performance issues, clustering issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
* Performing RHEL O/S installation, Server sizing, establishment of backup and recovery procedures and scripts, Server performance tuning including kernel tuning.
* Experience of RH JBoss EAP.
* Advanced job related certifications preferred but not required.
Key technical skills include advanced level knowledge of:
* RedHat Enterprise Linux v5 and v6
* UNIX scripting
* Automation tools (any of: Chef, Puppet, Cobbler)
Intermediate knowledge of:
* JBoss v6
* Transmission / connectivity protocols
* High availability solutions (Linux HA / HP Service Guard)
* Storage systems and storage area networks
* Cross platform integration
* Configuration Management and deployment, management and monitoring toolsets (e.g. RH Satellite, yum, git)
* Working within a VMware host/guest environment
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a great package including up to £65,000 basic, 8% pension if you contribute 5%, private medical, life cover (4x), 25 days holiday plus superb working environment and exceptional career development growth and potential for this growing multi-national company.
If you are interested in this excellent role please send your CV for a full brief. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all candidates within 3 working days.
The People Network is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
The People Network is part of the Pertemps Network Group of companies and is a specialist IT and technical recruitment consultancy with offices in London, Birmingham and Wiltshire. Experienced in placing permanent, interim and contract IT and technical staff at all levels across a range of sectors including Banking, Financial Services, Telecoms, Consultancy and Software Houses across the UK and Mainland Europe.
If you would like a confidential and informal chat regarding your career please call and speak with one of our consultants.
For more information and latest vacancies please visit us on our website at (url removed)