|Job Ref:||204673920||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum + company benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
Data Visualisation Specialist |
My client, a leading technology company, has an immediate requirement for a permanent Data Visualisation Specialist based at their offices in Colchester
My client is primarily looking for highly motivated Data Visualisation Specialist with experience in dashboard and report development. You will be a key contributor to deliver formal intelligence to the business, as you help deliver 'analysis-as-a-service' to the business.
The successful candidate should have experience in dashboard and report development and will motivate the team to push forward with the development of a range of key strategic, enterprise scale platforms. The reporting platform used by my client is Tableau and therefore Tableau experience and expertise would be a great advantage.
The Data Visualisation Specialist will design, develop, implement, and deliver solutions to solve basic to complex problems. The candidate will collaborate with business and technology leaders to identify key business requirements. In this role, you will ensure technical quality, accuracy, efficiency and adherence to timelines of solution delivery.
* Oversee front-end development for BI including application database reporting, data warehouse reporting and big data reporting
* Interact with clients (internal & external) to understand their business and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics and KPIs
* Partner closely with cross-function peers and leaders to deliver reporting projects that solve business requirements
* Build and prototype dashboards to provide insights into the operations of a business function.
* Develop rich interactive visualizations integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
* Work closely with the Data Architecture team and provide technical design recommendations on the data warehouse structures which support analytical applications
* Design specs for BI front end applications including dash boards and reporting, considering appropriate data flow and capture
* Proficient building more complex calculations and presentations
* Identify problem trends and corrective actions and documenting these through modification of existing best practices guidelines.
* Help to develop and manage the Tableau semantic layer through reusable data sources
* Work with the business to develop a formal business glossary, defining metrics and KPI's
* Utilize blended data from multiple sources to discover new opportunities
* Develop a front-end navigation scheme to support a formal dashboard portfolio strategy, including strategic, tactical, and operational dashboards
* Develop a formal release cycle and publishing strategy in the Tableau environment
Skills and Qualifications Required:
* Excellent BI technology skills are essential, ideally within Tableau
* Proven analytical and data management skills
* This role would suit a Mathematics / Economics graduate
* Relational database knowledge is a plus
* Any experience of big data would be an advantage i.e. Hadoop
£50000 - £60000 + company benefits
If this role is of interest, please forward across your CV to for consideration