|Job Ref:||204673716||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
Graduate Software Engineer|
Newcastle upon Tyne
Around £20k depending on work and academic experience
Working within an agile software development team, this Graduate Software Engineer role will enable the company to produce robust web and desktop software that satisfies both user and business requirements. The job holder will be a key part of our growing team and will be expected to contribute to all stages of software development.
Key Graduate Software Engineer Responsibilities
* Create, test and maintain code for a range of products.
* Evaluate software quality in terms of attributes such as functional correctness, performance and resource usage.
* Contribute to acceptance criteria for product features.
* Work within an agile team.
* Participate in code reviews.
* Report test status, defects, and other quality-related metrics to stakeholders.
Graduate Software Testing Engineer skills, qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
* Knowledge and experience of object-oriented C# .NET programming.
* Knowledge of front-end web development.
* Genuine interest in the challenges of high quality software development.
* A methodical approach.
* Understanding of agile delivery methods.
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively technical and non-technical teams.
Knowledge of the following is desirable but is not essential.
o Frameworks: Selenium, WebDriver
o Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
If you are interested in the advertised Graduate Software Engineer position please apply through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT