|Job Ref:||204673206||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum excellent staff benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
DevOps Engineer - £55,000.00 + benefits (pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan + staff discounts) |
* Take care of our software development tools (source code repos, issue tracker, artefact repos, code review tool, code analysis tool), scale their capacity, failure-proof them.
* Recommend, design & implement our build and deployment systems, environment and infrastructure.
* Measure everything, improving every possible aspect of development ecosystems, specifically addressing Time to Detect, Time to Respond, feedback delay.
* Improve our continuous deployment process, getting changes rolled out faster and with confidence. Automate every error prone process.
* Improve our configuration management so our systems can be restored from versioned configurations in an automated way.
* Help Dev teams have their systems properly monitored and integrated to alerting systems.
* Tune our systems to get maximum performance and bang for our buck.
* Lead, coach and grow our DevOps practice by bridging development, Ops and QA.
* Become and stay an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools.
* Contribute to Open Source solutions and communities we use wherever you can.
Skills / Environment
* CI/CD (Jenkins, Go, etc), config management (chef, puppet) and VCS tools (git, mercurial, svn)
* Can write a bash one-liner for anything, but know when not to.
* Virtualisation, fluent in Ubuntu Linux, knowledgeable in security, familiar with Docker
* fluent in at least one dynamic language (python, perl, ruby, etc)
* Production services in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud)