|Job Ref:||204669071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Witney||Address:||Post Code:||OX28||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Extensive Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:57|
An exciting new position has opened up within an award winning business with a fantastic reputation for their working environment for a Software Tester. The company are in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for list. This will be the first time the company have employed a dedicated software tester within the development team.|
The successful Software Tester will have a great passion and enthusiasm for testing and continued learning and development. You should have a strong background in systems testing of desktop and web applications. You will be required to setup and look after any necessary test environments with assistance from the development team.
* Take responsibility for assuring that the software development deliverables meet business requirements.
* Work closely with development team and project team to plan and agree appropriate acceptance test scenarios.
* Analysing functional and design specifications to identify test requirements and creating new test cases.
* Document and execute integration, regression and acceptance testing.
* Document issues found during testing and working closely with the development team to prioritise and resolve.
* Previous experience of testing web, desktop and service (API) based applications
* Advanced knowledge of SQL Server and the ability to write basic SQL queries
* Experienced in creating batch / script files for testing
* Experienced in automated testing script writing and execution
* IIS and setting up new web based environments
* Proven track record in the management of release processes
* An understanding of software test methodologies
* Experience of using source control (TFS, SVN, GIT)
* Knowledge and use of development IDE's (Visual Studio)
* Previous experience of creating / developing custom regression testing frameworks
* Broad understanding of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products
* Good writing skills for documenting work
* 1st / 2nd line support experience
This truly is a brilliant company to work for where the employees are really looked after. It is a very social environment with sports clubs, a free onsite gym, free gym classes with instructors, a masseuse, free fresh fruit delivered weekly, free tea and coffee and fruit juices, Contributory Pension Scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Enhanced sick pay, Enhanced Paternity Pay, Childcare Vouchers, 20 days holiday rising to 25, Birthday off, Holiday buy back scheme, Further Education policy, Personal Development Plans, free use of on-site allotments, free eye examinations, free annual flu vaccine, Snug-room to relax, Wellie store to take a walk across the meadows, fully equipped on-site kitchens, free on-site parking and 10% discount at local services including hair and beauty salon, pubs and restaurants. For an opportunity to work for this forward thinking and growing organisation apply today by sending your CV in word format.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles)