|Job Ref:||204668584||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:58|
First Line Support Technician|
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: Up to £20,000, DOE
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours a week: Mon - Thurs 9am - 5.30pm, Fri 9am - 5pm
Oak Innovation Limited, market leader in Call Logging, Call Recording, CTI & Voicemail employing just under 50 staff in the UK and dedicated to delivering excellence in communications management, is currently recruiting Software Support Technicians for their Poole helpdesk team.
The successful candidate will be helping to support our award winning call recording and call logging applications. Much more than a desktop support role, you will be investigating, documenting and managing the resolution process for tickets raised, troubleshooting problems through to resolution, and remotely assisting customers in the use our software applications. The right candidate will be able to provide a courteous and efficient technical support service either by telephone, remote access and where necessary through onsite visits.
Key areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
• Providing 1st line support; answering support queries via phone and email.
• Liaising with colleagues to provide quick and effective resolutions.
• Escalating more complex queries to the relevant support member as detailed in the ISO support process.
• Ensuring customers are kept up to date as to the status of their support request including keeping tickets and relevant customer documentation up to date.
• Following technical support procedures as per ISO support process.
• Providing cover for other members of helpdesk team when required.
• Creating help documents for internal and external use.
• Assisting other helpdesk team members, including occasional site visits.
• Continually developing skills and knowledge of products.
Skills and Experience:
• Educated to GCSE level C or above (or equivalent) in 5 subjects including Maths and English.
• Previous experience in a helpdesk/support/fault finding environment - over the phone, via remote access etc.
• Experience and understanding of remote support applications and techniques.
• An excellent level of IT knowledge is essential.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems and how to troubleshoot software/hardware issues.
• Ability to identify problems and come up with appropriate solution.
• Ability to work accurately and methodically, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer service focus; good written and verbal communication skills, especially in telephone techniques.
• Experience in working with processes and procedures.
• Experience of working with VOIP/PBX telephone systems, and/or with bespoke telecoms software applications in a commercial working environment is highly desirable
• Experience of working as part of a team is desirable
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• A confident and friendly personality
• Is technically minded
• Likes communicating with customers
• A self-starter and works well alone
• Is motivated by achieving results.
• Private health care
• Group life assurance
• 29 days` holiday (including bank holidays) - rising to 33 with length of service
• Pension - Standard Life 2.5% employer contribution currently
• Discounted Virgin Gym membership
• Very pleasant offices
• Complimentary staff refreshments
• Team/social events
• Great team of people
Keywords: 1st line support, PABX Systems, Technical support, Helpdesk, ISO, Remote access, Telecoms, Telecommunication systems, Software support, Call Centre, Support Desk, Problem Solving, Remote Installation, Installation, Customer Service , Remote support, Software Applications