|Job Ref:||204668400||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:58|
Senior System Administrator - DevOps, AppOps, Application, Operation, Sys Admin|
I'm looking for a Senior System Administrator working on the Dev Ops side, very much supporting Development from a proactive support prospective.
You will be a SME working closely with R&D Software Development to ensure smooth role outs of new and upgraded applications for a global client base.
With a culture of supporting upskilling within this business that includes 10 days training every year as part of your package as well as mentoring and cross training.
Varied projects in which you will be engaged including projects that will enable you to put your stamp on this area such as Development of Monitoring Architecture, Creating, Developing, Managing deployment architecture for application from a product support perspective.
Essential to have:
- Proven background in System Administration role with In-depth experience with Linux and / or other Unix system administration
- Application experience as a System Administrator or from a support perspective
- Monitoring tools experience, advantageous to have worked on Monitoring Architecture but not essential
- Troubleshooting production issues
- Demonstrable experience in the setup, configuration and Monitoring of tools
- Able to manage incidents/ resolve incidents within System Administration and carry our subsequent RCA (root cause analysis)
- Performance Tuning, Configuration and Management of App / Web tier (jboss, apache, tomcat etc.)
- Worked with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Capistrano etc.
- Worked with source code management software (Git, Perforce etc.)
Desirable to have:
- VMWare ( operating / troubleshooting Vm's in a virtual environment)
- Scripting expertise - Perl, Python, PowerShell
- Deployment Architecture for Applications Experience
- Worked on new or next generation product design / Software Development as a Systems Administrator
- Experience with hardware load balancers for example GTMs / F5 LTMs
This software driven business renowned for developing staff from within provides value added solutions across its sector, leading the way.
For a chance to make a career enhancing move into my client please send me your CV in the first instance.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age