|Job Ref:||204668250||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Birmingham||Address:||Salary:||£35500 - £45500/annum + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:58|
IT Capacity & Performance Analyst|
£35,500 - £44,500 + Excellent Benefits & Working Conditions
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
This is a new role within the In-house IT team, to oversee the monitoring of all aspects of the Phoenix IT estate on a 24/7 basis, ensuring the capacity of the IT infrastructure matches the evolving demands of the business in the most cost-effective and timely manner.
The Role specifics:
This role is split into two key areas of responsibility: Monitoring/Alerting and Capacity/Performance. Some of the duties you will be required to deliver are to:
- Develop and document Capacity, Event Management and Performance policies and processes
- Manage the end-to-end Service Monitoring & Control for Phoenix IT using applications such as Solarwinds, SCOM etc.
- Configure and fine tune the tools with assistance from the Phoenix IT Build teams
- Investigate & re-run failed batch jobs
- Ensure all Component Service Levels are adhered to (e.g. service hours start time) and any exceptions managed
- Produce and maintain an appropriate and up-to-date Capacity Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of IT the business
- Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all capacity- and performance related issues
- Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance and capacity-related incidents and problems
- Provide appropriate data to support regular management reports which include current usage of resources, trends and forecasts
- Manage, monitor, review and update all procedural documentation on a regular basis
- Identify opportunities for process/tool improvements and prioritise and drive the implementation of these to maximise benefits
What we are looking for:
- ITIL Foundation level qualification
- ITIL Intermediate qualification in Service Transition (or higher) would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in NOC, network help desk, or relevant customer service skills
- Experience of using Monitoring Tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, HP Openview, Tivoli etc.
- Experience of technical infrastructure e.g. Active Directory, Windows Server, Citrix
- Knowledge of PC Hardware & IT systems such as MS Windows, MS Outlook etc.
- Experience of developing good, accurate documentation that can be shared with colleagues
- Being a team player with the ability to work under own initiative
Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
About the company:
Joining Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your learning and development expertise to the test with one of Britain's Top Employers and the UK's largest consolidator of closed life assurance funds. Operating in a market that has a capitalisation of around £2.0 billion, we are a member of the FTSE 250 index, with a premium listing on the LSE, 4.5 million policyholders and assets under management of £47 billion.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 4th October 2016