|Job Ref:||204668218||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
About Connect |
Connect are an established, fully integrated agency with over 130 people across three UK locations. We work with some of the world's biggest brands to create and deliver a wide range of digital marketing, brand development and creative communications for our clients.
What you'll be doing
Working with an integrated development team of 70+ you'll get involved with multiple projects for a luxury global automotive brand. You'll get stuck into heaps of new stuff and work with the team to develop and create exciting new ideas to help our clients achieve their brand objectives.
From one page Facebook apps to microsites, iOS apps to global websites that support 30 languages, there is no kind of project we can't do or haven't done.
We expect that you'll give the work you produce lots of love, care and attention as you'll want to get the end product just right for your clients. Coding problems keep you up at night, as do great ideas.
In return you will have the chance to develop and shape your experience and work alongside a strong and dedicated team of 70+ experienced developers with a range of skills, software and knowledge at your disposal.
What type of projects will I be working on?
As an ambitious and experienced Java Developer you will have had previous experience with prestigious, public-facing websites/web applications/online car configurator apps, using Spring, SpringMVC, JSP and/or Thymeleaf, and connecting to a third-party content management system.
How much code will you be writing?
A good amount - and in an Agile (Scrum) environment using TDD (test-driven development), and adhering to Clean Code guidelines.
Will you mostly be fixing other people's code or writing your own?
This will depend on whether you are on a Sprint team (where you will be developing new code) or on an Ops team (bug-fixing existing code). We like to move everyone in the team around periodically, so you'll get exposure to different aspects of the business. Overall the work we do will consist of both, depending on the needs of the business at any given moment in time so you'll be involved with writing code / solving a technical problem on an everyday basis.
Skills & Requirements
• At least three to five years development experience
• Proven ability to deliver multiple projects
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development
• Strong knowledge of software development practices, processes, and theories, especially around Agile Development Principles
• Knowledge of at least one MVC Web development framework (preferably Spring MVC )
• SVN / GIT
Great to have but not essential:
• Responsive design and development
• Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development
• Experience of working in the automotive industry
• CMS Experience
• Linux server management
We will help you find your own clear path for career progression, natural growth and personal development through training and regular reviews. We will also offer you an extremely competitive salary package and some nice benefits including;
• Healthcare plan
• Contributory Pension
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and your birthday off
• Free refreshments with fridges & microwaves
• Company budget for company-wide social activities including Christmas party, seasonal events, BBQ's, cinema outings etc
• Company meetings to hear about updates & new stuff