|Job Ref:||204668194||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£40000/annum bonus, on-call allowance||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:58|
Technical Support Engineer - Cyber Security is required by our award winning client in Berkshire.|
The Technical Support Engineer applying will have strong hands-on networking knowledge and have at least 4 years previous experience in a technical support role and must be able to adapt quickly to any technical challenge. You must have a strong Windows foundation and/or solid Linux/Unix experience in an enterprise environment. Candidate must be passionate about security, and individuals with CISSP/CEH or equivalent are preferred. Applicant will have a deep understanding of network services, and how they work from a protocol/configuration level.
* 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
* Very strong understanding of web technologies - HTTP Headers, SSL/TLS Certificates, OWASP Attacks, BURP, Web Proxies, Traffic Analysis
* Unix/Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
* In-depth TCP/IP understanding.
* LAN/WAN infrastructures.
* Common OS services (IIS, BIND, Apache, AD, WINS, Samba, SSH).
* Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System technologies, and Network Vulnerability Scanners.
* Windows Active Directory authentication and security.
* Knowledge of Samba/Active Directory integration
* CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
* Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Splunk usage including but not limited to log queries and report/dashboard generation
* Bachelor of Science, preferably with a major in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Systems Management experience (KACE, GPO deployments)
* Experienced with packet capture review and diagnosis.
* Previous API support and Regex knowledge.
* Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
* Knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
* Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
* CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, and CEH highly desirable.
* Bilingual candidates highly desirable (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese)
* Experience with Customer Support and Development Tools (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)
Please apply by responding to the link attached with an up to date CV.
Logic is a leading provider of IT Staff to clients, consultancies and to product suppliers/authors and operates as an employment agency and employment business