|Job Ref:||204667800||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:58|
Data Networks Support Engineer|
Partners Recruitment Ltd are recruiting a Data Network Support Engineer.
This is a backend infrastructure role. We are looking for an experienced network consultant / engineer, capable of managing day to day infrastructure and network components and systems. You will have the ability to understand the design and support implementations of new infrastructure components and to consult and advise on issues / resolutions and improvements.
Knowledge of firewalls, routers and cabling and managed & unmanaged switches within a network.
Knowledge of Load Balancers, firewalls, Cisco routers
Capable of understanding risk and mitigation.
Attention to detail is a key element in this role.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Networking technologies - cabling installation and troubleshooting.
• Experience of 2nd and 3rd line support duties in complex data networks across multiple sites.
• Ideally have in-depth knowledge of Extreme network equipment, but similar knowledge of Cisco technology would be acceptable.
• Extensive experience in the administration of firewall clusters (ideally Checkpoint).
• Experienced in working with strong and highly structured change control, risk and corporate governance regimes.
• Knowledge of ITIL best practice.
• Awareness of SIP trunking and IP telephony.
Technical skills required
• Extreme network hardware (predominantly X450, X460, X670) (desirable).
• Extreme XOS software (versions 11 - 15) (desirable).
• Check Point hardware and software (R75 onwards).
• F5 Load Balancers (4000s).
Closing date Wednesday 12/10/16.
For a private & confidential discussion, please contact Pip Appleton on (Apply online only)
Partners Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy