|Job Ref:||83914BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||City:||Ontario||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:03|
NWS Hardware / Electrical Engineer |
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
This a one year term with the possibility of extension.
Raytheon NWS is currently seeking a Hardware / Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for analysis, design, research, debugging, and documentation to support the AN/FPS-124 Radar. The primary focus of the Hardware / Electrical Engineer will be to develop solutions for obsolescence issues encountered on the Radar and support for all associated power, RF, communications and automated test equipment. This will involve work on new designs along with modification and maintenance of existing equipment to meet schedule and defined baseline requirements. This will involve elements of project management, personnel coordination, status reporting and management of hardware/software interactions for projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analysis of technical specifications and design for existing electronics systems.
• Development of electronic design modifications to mitigate radar component obsolescence, specifically with regards to analog RF, power and digital circuits.
• Engineering support for ongoing technical issues at the integration, testing and repair facility (the depot).
• Development of project design files and documentation, including technical specifications, circuit diagrams, testing plans, parts lists, cost estimates and other supporting technical data packages.
• Qualification of substitute electronic components.
• Other duties as assigned, which are unplanned or transient in nature.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering to have a minimum of five years suitable hardware and RF design experience.
• Applicant with a Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology to have a minimum of ten years suitable hardware and RF design experience.
• Expertise in digital and analog circuit design; including Radio Frequency (RF).
• Self-motivated and highly organized to keep track of multiple projects; possess strong analytical, communication and report writing skills as well as a professional and approachable demeanor.
• Hands-on experience with a variety of advanced electrical test equipment.
• Excellent oral/written communications with the ability to present and explain technical information to both engineers and non-technical staff.
• Adaptability and the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, etc).
• Professional Engineering License (NA).
• Experience with Labview or similar test automation environments.
• Familiarity with Hardware / Software interaction and working alongside software development teams for product development.
• Experience with FPGAs, advanced clocking designs, PLLs, wireless communications, antennas, amplifiers, shielding, EMI, differential signaling, power quality analysis and various communication protocols (Ethernet, TTL, RS232, LVDS, etc).
• Familiarity with projects involving Military Standards or the Canadian Department of National Defense (DND) as the Customer.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology.
• Applicants must be able to obtain SECRET security clearance as well as Controlled Goods Clearance.
• A background check is required.
Type Of Job
Temporary - Full Time
Canada - North Bay, Ontario