|Job Ref:||204674355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Burton upon Trent||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Burton upon Trent, DE14 2QE
Hours: Monday-Thursday 06.30-15.00 & Friday 06.30-14.00
Greif UK is the UK based Industrial Packaging sector of Greif (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a world leader in industrial packaging products and services. The Company creates competitive advantage for its customers through extensive experience in steel, plastic, corrugated and multiwall containers and protective packaging for various industries. Greif UK is positioned to serve local, national or multinational customers wherever they do business.
The Mechanical Technician will assist in the maintenance of the plant for maximum effectiveness. In particular, emphasis on safety, output, quality, and cost is required by utilising the Greif Production System. You will work within the manufacturing parameters of Preventative Maintenance, monitoring processes and equipment, reporting variances and taking corrective and remedial action when necessary. You will identify potential improvements to achieve enhanced customer service, and ensure that projects achieve agreed objectives.
To be considered for our Mechanical Technician position, we are looking for candidates with the following:
* Have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship, or be a time served mechanical technician or equivalent.
* A recognised craft or technical qualification i.e. C & G/BTech/ONC/HNC or equivalent is also required.
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment on automated production lines with modern manufacturing techniques is essential.
* Have an understanding of TPM techniques together with lean knowledge.
* You are able to prioritise, work under pressure and use your own initiative.
* Be a competent welder with a sound knowledge of machining techniques.
Mechanical Technician Benefits
* Excellent rates of pay
* Exceptional pension scheme
* Monday to Friday single shift working pattern
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter together with your salary details, explaining why we should meet you