|Job Ref:||204674351||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Petersfield||Address:||Post Code:||GU31||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum Package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:20|
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Managing Surveyor required to join a leading mechanical and electrical building services contractor , joining a newly set up office on the South Coast. This position is initially to oversee a £6M cat A fit out and lab in Reading, progressing there on within the Southern team. Our client area seeking a senior head to join their commercial team overseeing projects within the South Coast areas working within the M&E building services arena. with JCT contract knowledge |
Your new company:
* Leading M&E contractor with an annual turnover circa £200M. Working with a variety of main contractors and clients direct both as a sub-contractor and principal contractor with competitors to include the likes of NG Bailey, Crown House, Spie Matthew Hall etc.
Your new position:
* Senior commercial lead, employed as a Managing Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor overseeing the Bristol and Exeter areas. You will be responsible for a variety of projects within commercial, Education, Medical and light industrial with values from £3M through to £250M.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor preferably working for a Mechanical & Electrical Contractor
* Sound working knowledge of the various forms of Conditions of Contact (JCT / NEC)
* Knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Proven M&E experience.
* Ability to forward think, plan and influence decisions and financial outcome.
* Building Services or Quantity Surveyor qualification or equivalent
* Member of /actively working towards membership of an appropriate professional body (MRICS etc)
* You will be joining not only a national business, but an independent business with a true passion for engineering excellence. You will be offered a market leading package, and a progressive route over the years ahead. Package includes a leading salary, car or allowance, and further.
Click apply below, or contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones recruitment for a full and confidential brief.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy