|Job Ref:||204674263||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Salary:||£40000 - £43000/annum benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:20|
Shift Team Leader x 5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
£43,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Your duties as a Shift Team Leader will include:
* The day to day management of the Operation Technicians and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
* Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
* Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
* Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
* Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
* This role will involve a mixture of Monday to Friday Day Work and also Shift Work
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
* At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
* Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
* Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
* Excellent proven leadership skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK