|Job Ref:||204674258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:20|
We are striving to attract a career minded and technically advanced Transport Planner / Engineer to join an existing high calibre team. |
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Ideally you will hold a MEng / MSc in Transport Planning/Transportation although consideration will be given to applicants with a BEng / BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent with a Transport Planning related core subject.
• Technical ability in Transport Planning
• Interest in gaining experience and skills in both technical and commercial areas
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Planning and organisation skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Transport Planner / Director, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging Transport Planning schemes.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
Throughout your training and development, you will be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Someone who is technically competent and can mentor others;
• Someone who must be able to set up and run PICADY's and ARCADYS and have a lot of experience doing so and be able to mentor others in these programmes;
• Someone who understands LINSIG and can carry this modelling out for different scenarios, understand what they are doing and why;
• Some experience at complex junction modelling for example TRANSYT;
• Someone who understands the principles of microsimulation and strategic models/modelling i.e. experience of PARAMICS, VISUM, VISSIM and SATURN or similar beneficial;
• Be capable of carrying out junction design (priority, roundabout, signals);
• Be confident in excel, word, TRICS, TEMPRO. Have knowledge of accession, GIS