|Job Ref:||204674134||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum Benefits + Overtime||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Operations Technician x5 - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
£33,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for Five Operation Technicians to join the Operations Team for their new Flagship Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Your duties as an Operations Technician will include:
* Reporting to the Shift Team Leader to monitor the plant through control of the: - boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant etc.
* Carrying out first line maintenance to ensure plant reliability and availability
* Scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities and assisting during Outages/Shutdowns
* Monitoring fuel input to optimise the plant's output
* Pre-start checks, commissioning and de-commissioning activities
* Please note this is a shift role and will involve working 12 hour shifts including days and nights.
* Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* A relevant technical qualification such as an BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ, HNC etc. in an engineering discipline
* Experience in an operational environment on a Heavy Process Plant. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
* Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
* Graduates in Mechanical Degree's or a relevant field will also be considered
* Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and a strong Health & Safety approach
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK