|Job Ref:||204673648||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£38 - £45/hour £38 - £45 per hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:20|
Our client is a highly successful design consultancy who are delivering a wide range of exciting water and waste water projects for Thames Water, Southern Water and Welsh Water AMP6 Frameworks from their Brighton Office. As such they have a fantastic opportunity for a mechanical engineer with extensive water/wastewater sector experience to join our core design team in Brighton on a contract basis (initially 6-12 months, with potential for extension).|
Role: You will join an innovative multidisciplinary team of mechanical, civil, process and electrical/C&I engineers, and play a key role in the management and design of schemes located in the UK and overseas. Typical duties will include the preparation/supervision of the preparation of drawings for plant general arrangements and P&IDs, and managing the production of documentation such as calculations, specifications, plant schedules, tenders, schedule of prices, engineer's estimates, and factory and site acceptance documents.
You will also supervise the work of more junior engineers, and provide technical and professional guidance to assist their development. You will work with the Lead Mechanical Engineer for the region to grow and develop the MEICA team, assist in the development of prospects and proposals and deliver projects.
• Qualified to degree level and Chartered, Incorporated, or working towards
• Extensive experience in the water/wastewater sector
• Strong multidisciplinary knowledge of your field, able to positively advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts mechanical engineering issues
• Project/programme management experience, with strong commercial and financial understanding
• Progressive and imaginative in your work, striving to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients