|Job Ref:||204673601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£8.50/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Can you solder? We have an urgent opportunity for a PCB Assembler to join a team on a long-term contract basis. You'll come from a strong PCB assembly background and have excellent dexterity. You'll also be able to work from engineering drawings. The position is based near Cambourne, between Cambridge and St Neots. You'll need to have your own transport. You'll be paid £8.50 per hours and work a 37.5 hour week, with an early finish on Fridays! The company offers training so you can further your skills.|
What Youandrsquo;ll Be Doing:
* Using kits, prepare components by hand following assembly drawings. Terminate wires and prepare, following assembly drawings.
* Solder components/wires into place to IPC Class 3 following assembly drawings.
* Inspect own work and/or work of others as required. Prepare boards for inspection and test. Some SMD work assembly maybe required.
* Build up cases using drawings. Fix switches, handles and wiring. Clean PC boards, mask and spray them. Place and fix PC boards in the cases. Finish units ready for final test.
* Complete daily sheet for recording build times on manufacturing system and Quality System.
What Weandrsquo;re Looking For:
* Youandrsquo;ll be skilled in the use of hand tools: pliers, cutters, hammer, screwdrivers, box cutters.
* Ideally able to competently solder to IPC 610 class 3
* Able to follow assembly, wiring and building instructions and place components and/or assemble units fast and accurately
* You can work with minimum supervision
* Able to plan the sequence of activities is the most time efficient way so that everything comes together at the right time.
* Previous experience in electronic assembly including soldering through hole components
* Experience of Rework of through hole and SMT devices would be a bonus