|Job Ref:||204673253||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Bennefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their business. They require a Programme Manager to support their nuclear division.
To lead our very busy Nuclear products team in activities supporting (1) the pre-contract review activity, and customer interface, for high-precision manufactured parts, (2) the resulting introduction of contracts into the company, (3) evaluating and ensuring compliance with contractual, specification and quality requirements, (4) providing liaison throughout manufacture as necessary.
We are looking for a Programme Manager who ideally has the following skills:
Essential Job Functions
* Proven ability to manage a highly specialised new products team delivering excellent metrics for contract bidding/award of successful business.
* Ensuring compliance with all associated contract/statuary requirements.
* To develop systems/procedures in association with the heads of internal departments, to add value for our customers and optimise costs, whilst achieving targeted and strategic continuous improvement in internal/external performance metrics.
* Management reporting and assisting with strategic business development activities.
* Develop systems and processes from RFQ to operations
Pre contract activity:
* Pre-qualify quote requests and ascertain the full contractual/specification/quality requirements.
o Ensure all necessary information has been provided and understood.
o Assess risk/reward. Liaise with internal departments and customers as required.
* Liaise with customers and manager order book through the various processes pre and post manufacture:
o MOM's ITP's MOM's and VDA's documentation. Ie Quality plans and Control plans
o Internal contract review and works orders
o Manufacture priority in accordance with customer priority
o Offer technical support for special processes such as NDT, DPI, Visual, X-Ray, MPI.
o Prioritise LTQR and FAIR packs in accordance with customer priority
* Track all parts through Engineering/Manufacture/Quality using a spreadsheet especially formulated to RR and HPE requirements.
* Liaise with customer and organise key processes e.g. Swabbing and SQE sign off dates.
* Organise priority of parts to be processed through the various internal processes
o Customer services
o Sub Contract processes
o LTQR sign off.
* Support Engineering/Purchasing with Technical issues and processes.
* Advise on monthly financial forecast.
Introduction of contracts:
* Provide comprehensive introduction of new contracts to operations team colleagues to ensure all contractual/specification/quality aspects are captured and implemented.
* Manage Customer expectation
* Take winning orders into production
* Chair weekly meetings - internal programme management sessions and customer meetings and monitor against actions and progress
Ensuring compliance / liaison between stakeholders:
* Evaluating and ensuring compliance with contractual, specification and quality requirements.
* Provide ad-hoc support and specialist liaison to/between operations team and customer, so as to resolve queries or variations to contract.
Formally minute meetings between stakeholders
Requirements - Knowledge/Skill
* Demonstrable line-manager skills that achieves highly effective team results.
* Demonstrable strong commercial, technical, project and risk management skills.
* Excellent communication/negotiation skills at all levels of an organisation.
* Extensive knowledge of modern CNC manufacturing methods for producing high precision parts from 3mm to 3m in size.
* Expertise in materials, processes, treatments and quality requirements associated with the nuclear sector.
* MS Office competencies (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word).
* Understanding of Production Planning Processes
* Understanding of Manufacturing Techniques
The benefits of working for this company are:
* They offer competitive rates of pay.
* They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
* Potential career progression.
* Lots of overtime.
* They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Karl Moon at: - (Apply online only).
Omega Selection Services, part of Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website (url removed)
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website (url removed).
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy