|Job Ref:||204673084||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£450 - £500/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Interim Rail Vehicle Systems Test Manager, regional base and the role will require considerable travel some overseas and UK wide. £(Apply online only) per day. |
Our client is a global leader in the provision of integrated rolling stock solutions. They have secured significant contracts in the UK to supply new fleets of vehicles to numerous train operators. Innovation in design, manufacture and assembly has ensured that their products attain the highest standards in safety, reliability, maintainability, efficiency and environmental regard. The company has made significant investment in the UK in terms of engineering capability, assembly and maintenance infrastructure to ensure that their business stays at the forefront of the UK rolling stock sector for decades to come.
We are looking for an experienced ( four years minimum in similar role) rolling stock Test Manager
You will be
* Developing the train testing strategy and programme with internal customers whilst building positive relationships with stakeholders and approvals bodies.
* Planning and instigating test train operations and infrastructure access (on and off Network Rail) to support the test programme.
* Supplier selection and contract management of suppliers of testing services necessary to deliver the test programme.
* Budget and cost control of test contracts including the management of contract variations as required.
* Recruitment and development of an effective testing team to support current and future contracts.
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with factory and customer's project teams in a multi-cultural environment.
* Promote personal and team self improvement as part of a team training programme to support future projects. .
* Ensuring all company safety, quality, environmental, commercial and project management procedures are followed as relevant to tasks undertaken.
***** Please note you will be required to work throughout your designated region as well as travel to UK test sites, depots and project offices (some projects require overseas testing).
Job Holder is required to hold a relevant TRACK SAFETY competence
This is a KEY SAFETY POST
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Self-starter with ability to develop strong, constructive and focused relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential.
* Previous experience in the field of train engineering including some aspects of train operations is essential.
* Project management and testing experience in railway industry engineering is desirable.
* Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate excellent negotiation skills; including integration within all levels within the organisation structure is essential.
* Experience of and skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products in a technical environment is essential.
* Flexibility to travel in the UK to manage phases of the testing programme is essential. Some global travel is possible.
* Able to represent the business in a professional manner at all times is essential.
* Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline, alternatively a respectable grade in a relevant engineering or management qualification.
* Membership of a relevant professional body desirable e.g. IMechE
If you would like to discuss the role please call (Apply online only)