|Job Ref:||204672441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgend||Address:||Post Code:||CF31||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
The primary role is to undertake the design, development and testing of electrical control systems, including wire marking and stripping systems. The job holder has technical responsibility for electrical control system design and possibly legacy electronics relating to the Company's products. He / she will be expected to work closely with internal personnel and customers to ensure that requirements are met and that products are efficient in their design and operation|
• Write control specifications for new products or modifications to existing products
• Design electrical circuits required for the development and production of laser wire processing machines and other new products using ePLAN electrical design software or similar.
• Generate build documentation and parts lists to enable the purchasing department and production department to order parts and build products / machines
• Write commissioning procedures for machines to enable the efficient transfer of products to Production and Service
• Liaise with end users and other relevant contractors and sub-contractors to ensure correct design, test and installation of systems
• Participate in the investigation of system problems arising from testing, acceptance or operational use in the field
• Interface with electrical suppliers to ensure the most cost effective solutions are found
• Contribute to the evolving Design Standards for Electrical / Mechanical Drawings
• Keep up with the latest standards that are applicable to electrical control systems, namely EN60204, ISO 13849 and have a knowledge of EN12100
• A minimum of HND or preferably Degree level in Electrical and / or Electronic engineering
• solid electrical / controls / automation engineering background developing complex machinery or systems
• At least 5 years of experience designing machinery and control panels using an electrical drafting package, along with several years of PLC programming exposure to Mitsubishi PLC's or similar is essential.
• Experienced in the full product life cycle from initial specification, through development, build, test, deployment and product support (local and remote).
• Experience of travelling to customer locations for new system installation, troubleshooting and upgrades as applicable, though this rarely occurs
• meticulous attention to detail
• New product introduction: design, build, commission and test.
• Electrical Machine / Control Panel Design with reference to risk assessment and applicable safety standards like 12100, 60204 and 13849.
• Safety performance levels.
• Electrical drawing package experience (preferably ePLAN).
• PLC modification and debugging experience (preferably Mitsubishi and Yaskawa).
• Electrical Machine Design for build and procurement - parts list, wire schedules, cable schedules etc.
• Application of Servo Amplifier / Stepper Drive Systems
• Application of DC / AC Drive systems
• Specification of sensor types including proximity sensors, through beam etc.
• Creation of Controls Specifications - Functional Design Specification / IO Specification
Useful skills (Advantageous, but not essential):
• Maintain / support / modify / debug existing software for PLCs and motion controllers including Mitsubishi, TRIO and Yaskawa.
• Practical experience electrical build.
• Diagnostics - familiarity with use of oscilloscopes and other test equipment.
• EMC considerations - Electrical Design.
• Industrial laser control / applications.
• Factory automation.
• MS Word / Excel.
• Exposure to optocouplers and pulse-width modulation.
• Robotics and vision systems.
The candidate will need:
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Full UK Passport
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of interest for each of our roles and we cannot guarantee we will be in touch if you are not shortlisted for the position. At JK Recruitment we aim to provide the best possible opportunity to take your career forward, we will be in touch within the next seven days if your application is successful. Please continue to visit our website to keep up to date with further vacancies.
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK