|Job Ref:||204672031||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Anglia||Address:||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
One of the world's leaders in the development and manufacture of complex Medical Devices requires an experienced Mould Process Engineer to Lead injection mould tooling and systems validation, to support the effective introduction of NPI and Operational tooling, ensuring best in class service capability of plastic injection moulding processing.|
The ideal candidate requires a good understanding of, and knowledge in, setting and appraising different types of injection mould machines/ancillaries, mould tools and polymers, as well as Quality Systems knowledge regarding validation procedures and change control and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Main duties will include:
• Deliver new and asset replacement tooling/moulding process validation activities with technical accountability within allocated product stream. Coordinate and communicating assigned projects and their status with the appropriate personnel and departments.
• Lead Scientific Moulding training and MST/MTO/MSO development initiatives in pursuit of plastic injection moulding capabilities recognition and processing excellence. Maintain and support training to all relative procedures.
• Utilise Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques, state-of-the art productivity tools along with Mould cavity process monitoring instrumentation
• Optimise moulding process and documentation development for all stages of mould systems validation. Deliver adequate information, documentation and training on all new and/or existing mould systems.
• Peer approval and risk assessing of URS and DQ for mould systems equipment, tooling and polymers for new moulding processes, existing processes, or existing process changes ensuring part designs.
• Design moulding processes for medical devices with scientific moulding process optimisations to ensure the correct & appropriate actions are taken with respect to tooling, process and equipment using correlation techniques, where appropriate.
• Supervise MST's as required to complete assigned projects. Proactively providing technical guidance to internal and external customers related to component design, specification setting, polymers and moulding.
• Develop Products and Processes to create a seamless interface with Development Engineering to ensure successful product launches.
• Identifying emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of Mould Systems.
• Identify and evaluate suppliers and services providers for mould systems. Represent company when meeting with suppliers and acting as the technical voice for the company.
• Provide a "hands-on" approach to problem solving. Generating reports on observations, options and recommendations.
• Complete activities and coach others in the moulding team to operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, departmental procedures, company policy and GMP.
You will be joining a global leader, offering excellent opportunities for career development and benefits to match