|Job Ref:||204671812||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dunstable||Address:||Post Code:||LU6||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Laboratory Specialist with a minimum of 2 years engineering experience in a low volume machine environment and some Electro Mechanical / Electronics / Pneumatics systems experience.
• Manage the incoming workflow via the dedicated "inbox".
• Run Customer trials on behalf of the Sales Team, log and video results providing high quality reports on each trial, to facilitate sales.
• Take full responsibility for the Lab space and equipment. Keep it in a clean and tidy state for customer visits and take responsibility its upkeep.
• Work closely with European Automation Lead resource to be fully competent on all Automation products at all times.
• Test and give feedback on new product developments when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be fully trained on the product range at all times and able to construct technical solutions to Customer requests via the Sales team.
• Be able to set up and run dispense trials as requested and show results to or beyond what was required.
• Film, and record Trial data for production of high quality Lab Reports for each trial.
• Advise on Best solution to Sales.
• Work with Systems Managers on solutions to enhance knowledge of product and Lab capabilities.
• Regularly share Experience and Knowledge with colleagues in other labs across Europe.
• Provide technical support to all European customers & sales channels.
• Provide technical support along with R & D skills in the development of any new products.
• Liaise with technical engineering departments, testing and running production trials of new product releases and product developments when required.
• When not running or reporting on Lab Trials, to run products in the lab for the purpose of producing marketing collateral.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
• Self-motivated, well organized and able to work without supervision. Trial success is based on the ability to think laterally, to solve issues and challenges to produce high quality results.
• A minimum of 2 years engineering experience in a low volume machine environment.
• Electro Mechanical / Electronics / Pneumatics systems experience
• Qualified engineer, and practical manufacturing experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience in a supporting functional area (R&D, engineering, etc.) desirable
• Capital equipment/Custom engineered product experience desirable
• Yes - infrequent regional travel to other laboratories