|Job Ref:||204671775||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£40000 - £48000/annum + Pension, 6% Profit Share, 33 Days||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer preferably with experience of SolidWorks or Inventor now required to join an expanding special purpose machinery manufacturer who have an excellent global record for high quality products.|
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be required to design, detail and develop machines using SolidWorks or Inventor CAD package with duties including:
* Design of standard and special purpose machines including feeders, stackers, casting, assembly and test machines
* Identify engineering problems and implement engineering solutions
* Carry out risk assessments of machines/parts ensuring safety standards are met
* Travel occasionally overseas to support machines and visit customers to discuss bespoke requirements
* Continually improve the product range
* Assist with sales proposals and design estimates
* Ensure all documentation is updated - BOM, FDS
* Take hands-on involvement during trials and machine testing
* Co-ordinate with the other discipline Engineers (Electrical, Pneumatics, Software) within the department to produce multidisciplinary design solutions
We are seeking an experienced Design Engineer with a good working knowledge of SolidWorks or Inventor who is an excellent problem solver with the ability to analyse a situation and provide a timely solution. You will be competent with providing design calculations for mechanical components, drives and structures. It is essential you have solid background of special purpose machinery design. Ideally qualified to degree or HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering.
Paying a base salary to £48k depending on experience with benefits to include pension and profit share, this role is located in the South West Midlands and is commutable from within and around the following areas: Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Worcester.
For further information call Sharon Hill on (Apply online only) or NA. Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving up to £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis;
We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK