|Job Ref:||204671609||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste|
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste (Gasification)
Up to £50,000 + Benefits
We are looking for an Operations Manager for their Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager duties will include:
- Ensuring the Power Plant operates within Environmental constraints and regulations at all times
- The day to day monitoring of Plant efficiency and directing the Operations staff to optimise the Plant accordingly
- Leading the Operations Team which consists of 5 Shift Team Leaders, 5 Shift Operators and 2 Day Operators
- Preparing the annual budget for the Operations department and work within this budget
- Liaising with the General (Plant) Manager, Engineering Manager, QHSE Manager and other relevant staff regarding projects, maintenance, outages, costing and programming of Plant improvements/projects
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems, policies and procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff
- Working with the General Manager and Engineering Manager in the recruitment of an O&M team
- Deputising for the General Manager and Engineering Manager when required
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management experience in an Operations role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline with Maintenance skills
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing operational teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
- Steam Raising experience
Further information please contact:
(Apply online only)