|Job Ref:||204671493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£25000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Reporting to the Engineering Safety Manager to support, facilitate and enable the provision of safety and environmental assessment services to clients, specifically supporting Safety Engineers (Grade 3+) in the development of all aspects of safety and environmental artefacts for a communication services group in Cheltenham/Gloucester/Bristol.
• The Graduate Safety Engineer is expected to follow the procedures in the Safety Management System to the level of quality described in the Quality Management System
• Attend and support safety meetings with supervision until a Suitably Qualified and Experience Person (SQEP)
• Prepare for Project Safety and Environmental Panels (PSEPs) with agendas, meeting arrangements and precursor hazard reviews with supervision until SQEP
• Facilitate and deliver PSEPS and respond to outcomes with supervision until SQEP
• Write minutes from Safety Meetings extracting the key changes for updates to the Safety and Environmental Case Reports (SECRs) with supervision until SQEP
• Support the Hazard Management Process with supervision until SQEP
• Update SECRs accurately to reflect changes identified in design updates or during safety meetings
The Graduate Safety Engineer is expected to demonstrate an increasing capability and awareness in the delivery of all safety outputs and artefacts. They are also required to demonstrate a high level of quality and to meet the specified project timelines for all deliverables. Once assessed as suitably capable in a particular task, the Graduate will be expected to consistently deliver at that level.
• Engineering Background
• Academic qualification eg. HND / BEng / MEng level qualification and/or relevant defence engineering experience
• Capable of achieving a minimum of Security Cleared
• Computer literate / proficient with MS Office tools, Word, Excel etc. Desirable
• Safety experience - Hazard analysis, ALARP, Safety Case development at a system / system of systems level
• Experience in the use of Risk Management software e.g. eCassandra, ASCE, BowTieXP
• Professional Registration / Membership
• Defence sector experience / High risk industry experience e.g. Oil and Gas, Precision Engineering, Explosives, Nuclear etc.
• Ship Safety Management Training
• Some task leadership experience would also beneficial